beneFIT Well-Being Program FAQ
The beneFIT well-being program is offered as a benefit to employees. Incentives are provided to those who choose to complete all three wellness qualifications:
- Health screening
- On-line health assessment
- Earn 100 wellness points
If you complete the three wellness qualifications prior to April 1, 2019, you earn:
- eligibility to sign up for the lowest deductible health plan
- the maximum State contribution for your Health Savings Account (HSA) if you choose the High Deductible Health Plan for FY20
- No. To be eligible for the lowest deductible plan, you must complete all three wellness qualifications prior to April 1, 2019.
Yes. Covered spouses must also complete the three wellness qualifications in order for you to be eligible for either incentive: 1.) the lowest deductible health plan, or 2.) maximum contribution by the state for your Healthy Savings Account (HSA) if you choose the High Deductible Health Plan.
If you select the High Deductible Health Plan for FY20, you will earn the maximum contribution by the State to your Health Savings Account (HSA), if you complete the three wellness qualifications prior to April 1, 2019. These funds will be transferred to your health savings account in July 2020.
- Your nine-digit Health Plan ID can be found on your South Dakota State Employee Health Plan ID card.
- Click on the forgot user name or forgot password links, or contact the StayWell HelpLine at 800-721-2749.
- If you do not have access to a computer, tablet or smartphone, you can call the StayWell HelpLine at 800-721-2749 and they will provide alternate methods for documenting the wellness qualifications.
- Yes. Call the StayWell HelpLine at 800-721-2749, and they can assist you.
You can complete your health screening qualification by scheduling an annual wellness preventive exam with your physician. Log in at benefitstaywell.com to print out the Health Care Provider Form. Click the Let’s go! button on the Health Screening tile. Scroll down and select the hyperlink for the Health Care Provider Form. The form includes instructions on submitting the form prior to April 1, 2019.
Yes. Each member is eligible for one annual wellness exam covered at 100 percent as preventive care once per plan year. If you have not visited your physician for preventative care since July 1, 2018, it will be covered. If you have already had screening tests conducted any time after April 1, 2018 , you can print the Health Care Provider Form and have the clinic fill in the results from that appointment.
Log into benefit.staywell.com. Select the Programs Tab, click on-site health screening, and click on register.to log into the Health Management Partners portal where you made your appointment. At the bottom of the screen, select Schedule Screening. You can cancel your scheduled appointment and then schedule a new appointment. Call the HMP HelpLine at 1-800-333-9886, if assistance is needed.
Log into your account at benefit.staywell.com and select the My Health Assessment tab.
Scroll down and select View Results
- Yes. Call the StayWell HelpLine at 800-721-2749. They will schedule an appointment for you at a later date with a trained staff member to assist you in completing the health assessment.
You can track your progress under the My Progress tab. The progress bar across the top of the page will not activate until you have completed the on-site health screening and the online health assessment. Once you have completed both of these gateway qualifications, your points will populate across the progress bar. Please note it takes 14 business days for health screening results to be loaded into the system and marked complete. Certain points may take up to 48 hours to be updated in the system. You can also track your progress by checking your points on the upper left side of the screen.
- The beneFIT well-being program is designed to encourage involvement in a variety of wellness activities. Therefore, maximum point limits have been designated within each category. For the Prevention Care Programs category, the maximum you can earn is 50 points.
- Please allow 48 hours for the website to refresh and reflect your points.
- Health Screening results can take up to 14 business days to be loaded onto the website and marked complete on your account.
- Yes. You can earn points for any preventive care exams between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
- Yes. There are several types of fitness trackers that can be connected to the beneFIT well-being program website at benefit.staywell.com. Log into the website, select the Programs tab and scroll down to select Health Trackers. Fitness trackers can be used to set a goal and track your progress.
Wellness points will not be automatically credited to your account when syncing. You can earn points by tracking your activity for 3 days per week for 3 consecutive weeks. When you have completed this activity tracking, report your completion by selecting the My Incentive tab, under well-being activities, select “Physical”. Click on ‘Self Report Now’ and enter the date and the type of activity completed to earn 25 points! You can also earn points by signing up for the Million Steps Challenge.
No. Your current Condition Management Program coaching arrangement will continue. You are welcome to also participate in Lifestyle Coaching through StayWell if desired. Some choose to engage with a StayWell lifestyle coach to address issues other than the areas you receive coaching through your Conditions Management Program.
No. 100 wellness points are needed to meet the qualification. You can earn 25 points per month for up to three months for a maximum of 75 points, by participating in a conditions management program through Health Management Partners. These points will automatically populate under the My Incentive tab, HMP Enrollment Programs category, for each month you actively participate.
- The email addresses are taken from your profile with the Bureau of Human Resources. Board of Regents employees, should contact your human resources office for more information. State employees can update information by logging into employee space at https://bfm.sd.gov/hr/es.aspx.
- Yes. Any benefit-eligible employee may participate. Call the Bureau of Human Resources at 605-773-3148 to get a nine-digit health plan ID number and register at benefit.staywell.com.
- You are welcome to access all of the beneFIT well-being program services. The three wellness qualifications will not have any impact on your ability to choose the health plan you want. The FY20 incentives apply to active employees only.
Once you have completed your health assessment, health screening and achieved your 100 wellness points, the progress bar under the My Incentive Tab, will show 100% and change to full green. If you have a spouse on your health plan, you and your spouse’s individual progress bar in the middle of the page will need to turn green, before the progress bar at the top will turn green.
Monitor your progress and your covered spouse's progress.