Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is sponsored by the South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program, and provided by KEPRO Healthcare, as a service offered at no cost to benefit eligible employees, spouses, and dependents. Employees, spouses, and dependents need to be benefit eligible but do not need to be enrolled in the South Dakota State Employee Health Plan to use EAP.
EAP helps employees resolve a wide range of issues and restore both personal and professional effectiveness. EAP will assist employees in managing the personal challenges that influence well-being, performance, and effectiveness. Employees using EAP services must follow established leave policies; contact your Human Resource Manager with questions.
- Financial/Legal Concerns
- Managing Change & Transition
- Work Related Concerns
- Family/Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Child/Eldercare Issues
- Management or Supervisory Issues
EAP offers a Savings Center service to those who register. It's a discount shopping program that is provided through the Corporate Perks website. It offers discounts of up to 25% on name brand, practical, and luxury items.
First time users:
- Register here using your work email address and the company name (EAP), in order to access the Savings Center
- When entering the company name, as you begin to type a drop down menu will appear
- Choose EAP from the options
- It will prompt you to confirm your email in your inbox, after you've confirmed, it will take you to finish your profile
- Complete your profile and click "Start discovering perks"
- If you are already a registered user, you will also access and login to the Savings Center.
To learn more about EAP or to request services, call 800-713-6288 or visit www.EAPHelplink.com and enter company code southdakota.
- Telephonic support by Masters and PhD level counselors for crises and emergencies
- Telephonic support to arrange for in-person counseling
- Up to 5 in-person counseling sessions (per incident per fiscal year) for a range of personal issues, depression, work-family balance, and substance abuse concerns. Employees must have a referral from KEPRO to use counseling services
In addition, EAP offers consultations including:
- Family Caregiving
- Resources and referrals for dependent care related services, in addition to emergency back-up childcare and elder and more.
- Convenience Services
- Assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services, home repairs, travel planning and event scheduling and more.
- Financial Services
- Up to 30-minutes financial consultation with a Certified Financial Planner or CPA per issue at no-cost.
- Legal Services
- Up to 30-minutes consultation per issue with an attorney at no-cost and 25% discount of fees if you decide to retain an attorney.
Learn more about specific EAP services in the flyers below:
- EAP Program Summary of Services
- EAP Legal and Financial Services
- EAP Management Consultation Services
- EAP Skill Builder Training Modules
- EAP Tipsheet Think Positive
- EAP Website Services
- EAP Worklife Services
Upcoming On-Demand Webinars
Feeling good about yourself and your life, being curious about the world around you, and enjoying what you do are all aspects of what is called “well-being.” It also includes having positive relationships, a feeling of control over your life, and a sense of purpose. Ways to increase your personal well-being include connecting with others, being active, continuing to learn, and giving back. Your Employee Assistance Program can help you discover new ways of enhancing your well-being.
- Monthly Webinar Title:
- The Sandwich Generation: Meeting the Challenges of Multigenerational Caregiving - Available on Demand Now!
This session provides a timely overview of how to cope as a member of the "sandwich generation." Participants will identify common family dynamics, from elders who feel anger and shame at losing their independence and role in society, to children who are confused, frustrated and embarrassed by a grandparent's decline. As stress increases, they will learn how to identify the triggers that indicate that they may need more help and external services. The session concludes with coping strategies for the caregivers, most often women, who face the competing pressures of family life and work while they care for an elderly relative.
- How to Access:
- Go to your EAP web site: www.EAPhelplink.com Enter your code: southdakota and look for Online Seminars in the lower right hand corner of this homepage or you can search for them by title.