The South Dakota State Employee Health Plan is pleased to offer video visits with medical providers. A video visit is a service that allows medical professionals to remotely diagnose and treat patients through any video-capable device. All members may utilize video visits, which are available from both Avera and Sanford Health.
Members can schedule a video visit with a medical professional within minutes for a large number of conditions, including:
- Aches and Pains
- Minor Infections
- Seasonal Allergies
- Sinus Infections
- Cold and Flu
- Pink Eye
- Acid Reflux
- Both vendors provide patients a wide variety of convenient options and services from the comfort of their own home for just $49 per visit. In order to use the video visit service, you must first enter a valid credit or debit card. If adequate funds are available in your Health Savings Account (HSA), or Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you may enter your Discovery Benefits debit card to cover the costs.
- The payment for the video visit counts towards your annual deductible. If you have met your deductible, you will be responsible for 25% of the cost of the video visit. If you have met your out-of-pocket maximum, the health plan will pay 100% of the cost of the video visit.
- Patients may access this care 24 hours a day, seven days per week. Video visits make it possible to avoid the high-costs of emergency rooms as well as the lengthy travel times. By utilizing these services via your video-capable smart phone, tablet, laptop, or personal desktop computer, you will have the chance to discuss your condition with a qualified medical professional.
- No, any member of the health plan can set up an account and utilize video visit services. These are currently the only providers in the South Dakota State Employee Health Plan that offer video visits.
For Avera, visit https://www.averanow.org/, or download the AveraNow app from the Apple or Google Play stores. Patients who do not have an existing AveraNow account will be prompted to fill out basic demographic info including their name, date of birth, and email to get started.
For Sanford, visit https://www.mysanfordchart.org/mychart/ to get started or download the Sanford MyChart app from the Apple or Google Play stores. Patients who do not already have a Sanford MyChart account will be prompted to set one up.*^
Yes. If you are experiencing difficulty installing or running the Avera Now app, please contact technical support: Phone - 855.269.3551, Email - email@example.com
If you are experiencing difficulty installing or running the Sanford MyChart app, please contact technical support: Phone - 1.866.808.5274
- No. Patients that log on for a video visit with either Avera or Sanford will only be allowed to choose from the medical providers available on the system at the time. They will not be able to put in a request for their family doctor.
State employees should not conduct video visits on their work computers and work phones. Using personal computers, cell phones, and tablets is advised to protect your privacy.
AveraNow and Sanford Health both utilize state-of-the-art privacy protection on their websites. Your personal info is not stored. Firewalls and encryptions are in place to protect payment info per HIPAA regulations.