AFE # for DOT- 7164
(Hosted by the DOT Lab Accreditation Training Group)
The attendee will:
- Determine moisture content, SD 108
- Learn correct sampling methods, SD 201
- Understand minimum sample sizes, Perform sieve analysis of aggregate material, Learn procedure for concrete aggregate testing, SD 202.
- Determine the Flakiness Index of aggregate material, SD 203
- Test for material finer than a #200 sieve, SD 206
- Determine the liquid limit, plastic limit and plasticity index, SD 207
- Determine percentage of lightweight material in fine aggregate, SD 208
- Determine percentage of crushed particles/fractured faces, SD 211
- Learn how to reduce samples to testing size, SD 213
- Determine percentage of lightweight material in coarse aggregate, SD 214.
Bring a DOT Materials manual and a hand held calculator. This course is conducted prior to the Soils Testing Course.
|Dates to be Announced|
How to Register:
Please register by sending an email to DOTLMS@state.sd.us.
We ask that you cancel your registration 24-hours prior to the start of the training course. Anyone who does not attend and who have not cancelled their registration 24-hours prior to the class, will be considered no-shows. Agencies/companies will be billed full price for employees who are considered no-shows.