700 East Broadway Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
Length: 4 hours
AFE # for DOT- 7701
The defensive driving course provides key understanding, skills and techniques to avoid collisions, reduce traffic violations and change driver behaviors and attitudes.
Participants will acquire the basic knowledge and techniques to recognize potential hazards and avoid collisions and violation. The course will motivate them to change their behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitudes. Employees will learn coping techniques for dealing with speeding, distracted driving, impaired driving, and hazardous traffic conditions and more. The result will be a more responsible driver who understands best practices to prevent injury and death while driving a motor vehicle.
The goal is to help our State Employees drive "smarter" - increasing their knowledge and influencing their attitudes - in order to save lives.
- Updated statistics and driving tips
- How drugs, alcohol, physical conditions and emotions affect driving
- How to deal with driver distractions and fatigue
- The three stages of a collision
- The importance of seat belts and air bags and how to use them correctly
Register by sending an email to BHR Training Registration with the course title, date, time, location and employee number.