700 East Broadway Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
4-hour class - Cost: $72
AFE # for DOT- 7701
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Fatigue and drowsy driving
- How driver behavior and mental conditions affect driving
- Defensive driving techniques
- The crash impact on passengers
- How to avoid a collision and case study scenarios
- Personal driving style evaluation
- Hazard recognition and collision avoidance
- Emotional impairment, common driving irritation and "Pet Peeves"
- The "Fatal Four" causes of a crash
- Driving skills inventory and assessments
- Occupant protection laws and graduate driver’s licensing
- Vehicle malfunctions and maintenance
Training Objective: The goal is to help our State Employees drive "smarter" - increasing their knowledge and influencing their attitudes - in order to save lives.
Watch for dates this spring.
Register by sending an email to BHR Training Registration with the course title, date, time, location and employee number.