Work for Us
Looking for a summer job that takes you out of the ordinary and lands you in the middle of South Dakota’s natural resources? Consider a seasonal job with Game, Fish, and Parks. There are a variety of opportunities that offer life experiences working hand-in-hand with parks and wildlife.
The normal summer season is mid-May through Labor Day. Some employees may work earlier or later. Most positions involve outdoor work and physical labor.
GFP Supervisors will contact those applicants they wish to interview. Interviews will begin in February. Not all applicants will receive an interview, but all applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application.
These popular positions fill quickly, so please check out the following instructions and get your application submitted as soon as you can. Come and enjoy South Dakota’s great outdoors with us!
- Housing is the responsibility of the employee, unless otherwise noted
- Transportation to and from work and associated costs is the responsibility of the employee
- Positions may require employees to work holidays, weekends and irregular or rotating shifts
- Some positions require specific licenses or certification as listed on the job description
- Use a “State of South Dakota Seasonal Application” form located at: http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/seasonal.aspx.
MAC Users: Please complete the form using Adobe Reader.
- Save the blank application to your machine.
- Open Adobe Reader
- Open the application. (File -> Open)
Applications are also available at any SD Department of Labor and Regulation Employment Services Office and any job site listed. Photocopies are acceptable.
- From the attached listing, note the seasonal requisition number, location, and position(s) desired
- All jobs for a particular location are listed under one requisition number
- A separate application is required for each requisition number (location) in which you are interested
Be specific in completing the application form. List any relevant licenses or certificates (e.g. driver’s license, CDL, CPR, pesticide/herbicide applicator certification, etc.) as well as any equipment or office equipment you are able to operate. Please include both the beginning and ending dates you are available for employment. It is essential that your mailing address is complete including apartment number, box number, lot number, as well as street, lane, avenue, etc. if applicable.
Applicants requiring application materials in an alternate format or assistance with the application process may contact the Bureau of Human Resources at 605.773.3148 (VOICE/TYY).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Positions – Summer 2016
Requisition Number: S06-7246
Location: Aberdeen (Richmond/Mina Lakes)
*Campground Attendant: Assists in the overall operation and maintenance of assigned campgrounds and day use facilities including but not limited to, cleaning comfort stations and cabins/lodge, collecting camping fees, selling park passes, cleaning fire grates, managing the reservation system and providing information to the public.
Requirements: Money handling experience is helpful. Ability to work independently, manage time well, and work in a variety of weather conditions out of doors. Uniforms are provided and employees must comply with uniform dress code. Valid driver’s license required.
Minimum salary: $9.35 per hour (S02).
Send completed applications to:
Richmond/Mina Lake Recreation Areas
37908 Youth Camp Rd
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Or e-mail to: email@example.com