Work for Us
South Dakota Careers for Seasonal Employees
Interested in a seasonal positions with the State? Seasonal positions are temporary positions offered by several state agencies with work peaks mainly during the summer. These positions are temporary, open to anyone who wants to apply, and announced on as as-needed basis.
Most seasonal positions are announced in the spring. Generally, positions begin in May and end in September; however, they may vary on beginning and ending dates.
Departments that are currently offering seasonal opportunities:
- Department of Agriculture - Wildland Fire Division
- Department of Education
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Department of Game, Fish and Parks
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Transportation - Winter Seasonal
Please Note: Each department requires different information from applicants. When applying, be sure to read the announcement and follow all instructions carefully.
Complete the Seasonal Application and submit it by mail or email to the address listed in the announcement.