The beneFIT Well-Being Program
What is the beneFIT Well-Being Program?
The South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program provides tools and resources to help improve your overall wellbeing, focusing on physical, mental, social and emotional health. By participating in the beneFIT Well-Being Program, you can take control of your health and set happiness in motion.
The health screening is the only wellness qualification required to earn the incentive this year. If you and your covered spouse (if applicable) complete the health screening qualification by April 1, 2021, you will earn the incentive. Your incentive will be based on the health plan you select during annual enrollment in May:
- Low Deductible Health Plan - receive reimbursement of up to $500 in a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) to offset costs during the plan year. The completion of the wellness qualification is no longer required in order to select a low deductible health plan.
- High Deductible Health Plan - receive the State contribution of $500 into a Health Savings Account (HSA), if eligible based on IRS rules. Employees who do not qualify for the HSA can choose one of the Low Deductible Health Plans and receive the HRA or choose a High Deductible Health Plan and decline the HSA.
The health screening qualification can be completed in one of two ways: 1.) Participate in one of the events offered, or 2.) schedule an annual wellness preventive exam with your primary health care provider, complete the health care provider form with your physician, follow the instructions on the form and submit to Total Wellness.
Healthy living includes regular screenings to measure your most important health numbers: your blood pressure, your cholesterol level, and your body mass index, to name a few. Receive valuable information to keep you healthy today and help prevent serious health problems in the future. There are two no-cost options for getting your numbers. Click here to learn more.
- There is a new portal this year. Each person needs to create a new account to access resources. Visit the beneFIT well-being portal and click Sign Up in the upper right corner.
- Choose your affiliation (agency code), enter your date of birth, first name, and last four of your SSN. Continue entering the fields of information and accept the terms of service.
- You can either choose to complete the Health Assessment at that time or click Complete Later.
- Choose a team by clicking one of the choices. We recommend selecting Team of One to get started and enter the dashboard. Teams can be joined or added later.
- On the Dashboard you will find trackers, educational sessions, challenges, and more!
*Employees hired or spouses added to the plan after July 1, 2020 and Opt-Outs do not need to complete the screening qualification during FY21, to be eligible for the FY22 incentive. The State, at is discretion, reserves the right to change the incentive.