On-site Health Screening
It’s important that you know your numbers and understand what they mean. By keeping those numbers within a healthy range, you can greatly improve your health and reduce your risk for disease.
There are two no-cost options for getting your numbers:
- Onsite screening events will be held across South Dakota August through December. Click here to view the screening schedule. Events will follow social distancing guidelines, therefore, limited appointments will be available.
- Due to limited onsite screening appointments and because it is important to have see your health care provider regularly, we encourage members to schedule an annual wellness preventive exam with your doctor. Members are eligible for one annual wellness preventive exam covered by the health plan each year. The cost of the screening tests will only be covered if it is part of an annual wellness preventive exam. Complete the Health Care Provider Form with your doctor and submit to Total Wellness. Click here to download the Health Care Provider Form.
COVID-19 Protocols for Health Screenings
- All visitors entering the screening site will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including having his or her temperature taken with touchless forehead/temporal artery thermometer.
- All visitors entering the screening site must wear a mask. Due to limited availability, we are asking that you bring your own. A very limited number of masks will be available if needed.
- Health screening stations will be cleaned by the screener after every completed health screening. Cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Workspace layouts will be set up at the beginning of every event to allow for social distancing.
- Event sites will be marked as one-way to reduce face-to-face traffic.
It is important to ask the right questions during your annual wellness preventive visit. To view a list of pertinent questions to ask your doctor, please consult the CDC Check-Up Checklist.