Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is sponsored by the South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program, and provided by KEPRO Healthcare, as a service offered at no cost to benefit eligible employees, spouses, and dependents. Employees, spouses, and dependents need to be benefit eligible but do not need to be enrolled in the South Dakota State Employee Health Plan to use EAP.
As we all work to maintain personal safety, the safety of our family, communities and our workplaces during the COVID-19 Outbreak, your Employee Assistance Program is here to support your emotional well-being and efforts to navigate this pandemic. Click here for a list of EAP COVID-19 Resources.
EAP helps employees resolve a wide range of issues and restore both personal and professional effectiveness. EAP will assist employees in managing the personal challenges that influence well-being, performance, and effectiveness. Employees using EAP services must follow established leave policies; contact your Human Resource Manager with questions.
- Financial/Legal Concerns
- Managing Change & Transition
- Work Related Concerns
- Family/Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Child/Eldercare Issues
- Management or Supervisory Issues
About the EAP:
- Telephonic support by Masters and PhD level counselors for crises and emergencies
- Telephonic support to arrange for in-person counseling
- Up to 5 in-person counseling sessions (per incident per fiscal year) for a range of personal issues, depression, work-family balance, and substance abuse concerns. Employees must have a referral from KEPRO to use counseling services
Learn more about specific EAP services in the flyers below:
- EAP Program Summary of Services
- EAP Legal and Financial Services
- EAP Management Consultation Services
- EAP Skill Builder Training Modules
- EAP Tipsheet Think Positive
- EAP Website Services
- EAP Worklife Services
- EAP 2020 Training Guide & Catalog
Upcoming On-Demand Seminars
Feeling good about yourself and your life, being curious about the world around you, and enjoying what you do are all aspects of what is called “well-being.” It also includes having positive relationships, a feeling of control over your life, and a sense of purpose. Ways to increase your personal well-being include connecting with others, being active, continuing to learn, and giving back. Your Employee Assistance Program can help you discover new ways of enhancing your well-being.
- Monthly Webinar Title:
- Outsourcing Your To-Do List - Available on Demand Now!
Everyday mundane tasks can often drain our time and distract us from more high-value activities. By outsourcing the more thankless chores, we can discover a world of potential leading toward a happier and more fulfilling way of life.