Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is sponsored by the South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program, and provided by KEPRO Healthcare, as a service offered at no cost to benefit eligible employees, spouses, and dependents. Employees, spouses, and dependents need to be benefit eligible but do not need to be enrolled in the South Dakota State Employee Health Plan to use EAP.
As we all work to maintain personal safety, the safety of our family, communities and our workplaces during the COVID-19 Outbreak, your Employee Assistance Program is here to support your emotional well-being and efforts to navigate this pandemic.
- BUILDING PSYCHOLOGICAL IMMUNITY DURING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
- KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON - MAINTAINING YOUR COMPOSURE AMIDST THE PANDEMIC PANIC
- 10-MINUTE MINDFULNESS EXERCISES
Additional COVID-19 Resources
- Budgeting in Uncertain Times Tip Sheet *NEW
- Help During Uncertain Times Tip Sheet *NEW
- Returning to Work Tip Sheet *NEW
- Tips for the New Teleworker
- Self-Care During Self-Isolation
- Tips for Managing Employees During Uncertain Times
- Managing Stress During Times of Pandemic
- Covid-19 Pandemic Tip Sheet
- How to Talk to Children and Teens About the Coronavirus Tip Sheet
EAP helps employees resolve a wide range of issues and restore both personal and professional effectiveness. EAP will assist employees in managing the personal challenges that influence well-being, performance, and effectiveness. Employees using EAP services must follow established leave policies; contact your Human Resource Manager with questions.
- Financial/Legal Concerns
- Managing Change & Transition
- Work Related Concerns
- Family/Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Child/Eldercare Issues
- Management or Supervisory Issues
- Telephonic support by Masters and PhD level counselors for crises and emergencies
- Telephonic support to arrange for in-person counseling
- Up to 5 in-person counseling sessions (per incident per fiscal year) for a range of personal issues, depression, work-family balance, and substance abuse concerns. Employees must have a referral from KEPRO to use counseling services
In addition, EAP offers consultations including:
- Family Caregiving
- Resources and referrals for dependent care related services, in addition to emergency back-up childcare and elder and more.
- Convenience Services
- Assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services, home repairs, travel planning and event scheduling and more.
- Financial Services
- Up to 30-minutes financial consultation with a Certified Financial Planner or CPA per issue at no-cost.
- Legal Services
- Up to 30-minutes consultation per issue with an attorney at no-cost and 25% discount of fees if you decide to retain an attorney.
Learn more about specific EAP services in the flyers below:
- EAP Program Summary of Services
- EAP Legal and Financial Services
- EAP Management Consultation Services
- EAP Skill Builder Training Modules
- EAP Tipsheet Think Positive
- EAP Website Services
- EAP Worklife Services
Upcoming On-Demand Seminars
Feeling good about yourself and your life, being curious about the world around you, and enjoying what you do are all aspects of what is called “well-being.” It also includes having positive relationships, a feeling of control over your life, and a sense of purpose. Ways to increase your personal well-being include connecting with others, being active, continuing to learn, and giving back. Your Employee Assistance Program can help you discover new ways of enhancing your well-being.
- Monthly Webinar Title:
- Planning for Professional Growth - Available on Demand Now!
Professional growth and success don't just happen by chance. In this session, we will discuss the four stages of professional careers and provide you with tools to develop a self-assessment plan that can lead to your career growth.
- How to Access:
- Go to your EAP web site: www.EAPhelplink.com Enter your code: southdakota and click on Online Seminars.