Your beneFIT Well-Being Program
The State of South Dakota’s beneFIT program empowers employees and their families to take charge of their total well-being to live their best life at work and at home.
When you’re ready, we’re here for you. We all begin our well-being journeys differently. Whenever you’re ready to begin yours, the beneFIT well-being portal, powered by WebMD, will create a custom experience that matches your goals, interests, and lifestyle.
Find community chat groups, individual and team challenges, mental health podcasts, motivated coaching, well-being webinars, and more on the beneFIT Portal.
Login with your username and password or create your account at webmdhealth.com/benefit/, and get started towards better health today.
- Program Flyer
- beneFIT Portal Overview Video (1:17)
- beneFIT Presentation
- Biometric Screening Schedule and Registration
- FY24 Screening Announcement Handout
- Biometric Screenings FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions
The primary policyholder can earn rewards for active participation! A variety of activities are provided throughout the year. Choose the best fit for you. The deadline for earning rewards is March 31, 2023. If you have questions related to the portal and/or reward, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.721.2749.
- Online Health Assessment – Complete a brief questionnaire (15 minutes) to capture current health behaviors focusing n stress, sleep, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Biometric Screening – This qualification can be completed in one of the following ways:
- Schedule an annual wellness preventive exam with your primary health care provider, follow the instructions on the Physician Form and complete with your doctor. The employee must submit the form with required information and signatures to Total Wellness prior to March 31, 2023, and confirm that it has been received and approved by checking their portal account prior to the deadline, or
- Participate in one of the biometric screening events offered and your completion status will automatically update your portal.
The employee and their covered spouse (if applicable) must complete both qualifications by March 31, 2023, for the employee to earn Reward 1.
Employees can earn points by completing well-being activities and turn those points into reward dollars. Earning 100 points will earn you $100. You can complete this up to 4 times to earn a maximum of $400. The reward is awarded in $100 increments. All eligible activities are tracked on the beneFIT well-being portal. Spouses can participate in any of the activities, but their points will not count towards this employee-only reward.
Examples of Point Opportunities:
- Tracking Physical Activity Minutes
- Motivated Coaching
- Individual and Team Challenges
- Daily Habits Program
- Better Choices Better Health of SD Programs
- Wellmark Care Team
- Livongo Diabetes Prevention Program
* For both rewards, the account type is based upon the health plan you select during open enrollment in May 2023:
- Low Deductible Health Plan – receive reimbursement of up to $900 in a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) to offset costs during the plan year.
- High Deductible Health Plan – receive the State contribution of up to $900 into a Health Savings Account (HSA), if eligible based on IRS rules. Employees who do not qualify for the HSA can choose one of the Low Deductible Health Plans and receive the HRA or choose a High Deductible Health Plan and decline the HSA.
- Each reward can be earned independently from the other.
Prior to the March 31, 2023 Deadline:
- The employee is responsible for checking their reward status prior to the deadline.
- The reward status displayed on your beneFIT well-being portal on March 31, is the reward you will receive.
Download the WebMD Wellness at Your Side mobile app and check on your well-being goals anytime, anywhere. Enter connection code: southdakota
More Information and Customer Support
For all questions regarding the beneFIT well-being portal, point earning potential and reward opportunities, call WebMD Customer Support at 1.800.721.2749.
Questions or concerns that are not be addressed by WebMD should be referred to the South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program at 605.773.3148 or email@example.com.