What happens if I don't complete the three wellness qualifications?
Failing to meet the three wellness qualifications by April 1, 2020, will default you (and your covered spouse and dependents, if applicable) to the High Deductible Health Plan with no State contribution to your Health Savings Account (HSA).
Only by completing the three wellness qualifications will you be eligible to either receive the state contribution to your HSA if you choose the high deductible health plan or enroll in the Low Deductible Health Plan during annual enrollment. Just as a reminder, the three wellness qualifications include:
Visit https://bhr.sd.gov/benefits/active/benefit/ for more information on completing the three wellness qualifications.
Give your child the best start with Our Healthy Baby.
Expecting someone special? Our Healthy Baby is a no cost, voluntary program for expectant mothers covered by the South Dakota State Employee Health Plan. This program is an excellent way to make sure you and your new child start off right. How does it do this? By providing you with special attention during pregnancy so you are more likely to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
By participating in the program, you'll receive
- Individual case management, educational materials, and contact from healthcare experts throughout your pregnancy.
- $250 incentive deposited into your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Combination HRA if you enroll during the first three months of pregnancy (Please refer to the HRA page for more details).
- An additional $250$ upon successful completion of the program.
- Choice of one available prenatal or parenting book, access to online pregnancy-related information, and educational materials sent via mail throughout pregnancy.
- One first trimester ultrasound and one second trimester ultrasound, both covered at 100% (pre-authorized by HMP)
Additional information is available on the BHR Website. If you’re ready to enroll, contact Health Management Partners (HMP) at 1.866.330.9886 or log into the Health Management Partners Portal.
Please note: registering for Our Healthy Baby will not automatically enroll your new child in the health plan. That requires completing a Family Status Change Form within 30 days of the baby’s birth.
HSA tax documents you need before you file your federal tax return.
If you’re enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan with an HSA, you will need certain documents when filing your taxes. Contributions and withdrawals associated with your HSA must be reported when you complete your 2019 tax return.
Discovery Benefits does not mail out tax documentation, but you can get what you need in their employee portal on the Discovery Benefits website. You will need the following forms:
- Form 1099-SA: This form records all distributions from an HSA during the tax year.
- Form 8889: This is the form individuals use to report any withdrawals or contributions (both self-contributed or employer-contributed) during the tax year. This form should be attached to your completed 1040.
Form 5498-SA:This form reports contributions to your HSA. It is not filed with your tax returns but can be kept for your own records.
If you have questions, please contact Discovery Benefits at 866.451.3399, email at email@example.com, or log in by going to DiscoveryBenefits.com, clicking Login, and selecting HSA, FSA, HRA & Commuter Login. There is also a live chat option on the website, if you have additional questions!
EAP Online Seminar - Your Financial Checkup
Just like a regular health checkup, this session will walk you through a "financial checkup," guiding you through the necessary steps to examine your finances.
Earn 25 wellness points if you watch this webinar and enter the date at benefit.staywell.com. To log your points, go to the My Progress tab, arrow down to Employee Assistance Program, click on EAP Webinar and ender the date you completed the webinar. The maximum number of points you can earn in the Employee Assistance Program section is 50 points. This webinar is available for viewing any time during the month of February. (Company Code: southdakota)
What's next in the Lunch and Learn series?
The next Lunch and Learn will focus on Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance and will be presented by MetLife. The presentation will offer an in-depth look at these two types of insurance and explain how they could benefit you and your family. Visit https://bhr.sd.gov/benefits/lunchandlearns.html at 12:10 p.m. CT on Wednesday, February 12, to participate.