FY22 Life Insurance Information:
- FY22 Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Overview and Rates
- Learn more about the services provided by MetLife to the State of South Dakota for FY22.
- State of South Dakota Policy Endorsement
- State of South Dakota Certificate Rider
- Confirmation Statement/Current Coverage
- MetLife Testimonial Video
Basic Life Insurance:
The State of South Dakota provides each benefited employee $25,000 of Basic Life Insurance coverage. Employees cannot port Basic Life coverage but they can convert it if they leave employment with the state.
- The State pays the basic life insurance and AD&D premium; the benefit is provided at no cost to you.
- Basic life insurance is not portable but can be converted if you leave employment with the State.
Supplemental Life Coverage:
Employees may elect supplemental life insurance with AD&D for themselves and for their spouses and dependents. Note that, if you apply for supplemental life insurance, you will also automatically be applying for an equal amount of AD&D coverage, as the two coverages are combined.
Employees may elect coverage levels of one, two, three, four, five, six, or seven times their annual salary, up to $1,000,000. If an employee applies for six or seven times their salary coverage, or over $400,000, or an increase to their current amount outside of their 30-day new hire enrollment period, they will need to go through a statement of health/evidence of insurability process administered by MetLife.
Long Term Care
Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance provides a benefit when someone needs assistance with at least two activities of daily living, which include bathing, dressing, toileting, transfer, eating, and continence. This insurance is available for eligible employees and family members.
If you purchase Supplemental Life Insurance coverage, a basic long-term care benefit is provided to you. You will receive information in the mail.
Important Long-Term Care Information:
- Group Long Term Care Insurance Application - Evidence of Insurability
- Group Long Term Care – Request to Change Coverage
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- LTC Pre-kit (Understanding LTC Coverage)
- 2021 LTC Rates (As of July 1, 2021)
- Employee Enrollment Form
- Family Enrollment Form
- Evidence of Insurability
- Partnership Plan Information
- Election to Continue Coverage
- Unum - Long Term Coverage (Video)
Understanding LTC Coverage
If you have questions, contact Risty Benefits, Inc or Unum:
Administrator and underwritten by:UNUM Life Insurance Company of America
2211 Congress Street
Local representative of UNUM:Risty Benefits, Inc
PO Box 90335
Sioux Falls, South Dakota