The Short-Term Disability Plan is provided by MetLife. In the event of a disability due to an illness or injury that leaves you unable to work, this benefit helps protect your income by providing 70% of your monthly salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per week.
This plan has a six-month waiting period after your initial enrollment. After the waiting period, in the event of a disability, this plan has a seven-day elimination period. If your period of disability continues for more than 90 days, your premium is waived until you are no longer disabled and can return to work.
- FY22 Short Term Disability Rate and premium contributions.
- Learn more about the services provided by MetLife to the State of South Dakota for FY22.
- Short-Term Disability Benefit Summary
- Short-Term Disability Certificate
- State of South Dakota Disability Claims Process Overview