AFE # for DOT- 7178
(Hosted by the DOT Lab Accreditation Training Group)
The attendee will:
- Classify soils and aggregate, SD 103
- Establish the moisture-density relationship of soils, aggregates and mixtures, SD 104
- Determine the in-place density of soils and granular materials, SD 105
- Determine the density of soil in-place, SD 106
- Determine moisture content, SD 108
- Determine in-place density of granular materials with a thickness of 3" or less, SD 110
- Determine in-place moisture content and density of soil and aggregate, including lime treated material, by the nuclear method, SD114
- Determine target dry density and in-place density of salvage/recycled materials using the nuclear meter, SD114 & SD 219
Bring a DOT Materials manual and a hand held calculator. DOT Technicians conduct this course following the Aggregate Testing Course.
|January 8 - 10, 2020||1 pm Wednesday to 12 noon Friday||Sioux Falls||Sioux Falls Meeting Room A & Lab|
|January 29 - 31, 2020||1 pm Wednesday to 12 noon Friday||Aberdeen||HP Conference Room & Aberdeen Region Materials Warehouse|
|Feburary 12 - 14, 2020||1 pm Wednesday to 12 noon Friday||Pierre||DOT Materials Lab|
|March 11 - 13, 2020||1 pm Wednesday to 12 noon Friday||Rapid City||Rapid City Large Conference Room|
|March 16 - 20, 2020||1 pm Wednesday to 12 noon Friday||Rapid City||Rapid City Large Conference Room|
How to Register:
Please register by sending an email to DOTLMS@state.sd.us.
We ask that you cancel your registration 24-hours prior to the start of the training course. Anyone who does not attend and who have not cancelled their registration 24-hours prior to the class, will be considered no-shows. Agencies/companies will be billed full price for employees who are considered no-shows.