On Boarding the New Employee
AFE # - 74B6
What participants have said:
“The orientation class gave me some new ideas on getting the new employee started in the correct direction.”
- Course Description:
- Onboarding isn’t about benefits anymore - it’s about employee retention. Today’s new employees aren’t satisfied with just knowing the benefits offered by the organization. New employees want to know what they can contribute, what the team is accomplishing, and how you can use their strengths and talents. This course will explore what you need to communicate even before that employees first day on the job through that crucial first month.
- Training Objectives:
- Understand that orienting your employee is your job.
- Learn what to do to start orienting your new employee, even before their first day on the job.
- Develop a plan of what to talk about during the crucial first month.
- Supervisory competencies addressed:
- Develops Successful Teams
- Builds Competence
- Inspires High Performance
- Supervisory accountabilities regarding:
- Work Direction
- Performance Management
- Training & Development
|March 18, 2020||1 p.m. - 4 p.m.||Rapid City||Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn|
|April 29, 2020||1 p.m. - 4 p.m.||Pierre||BHR Small Training Room - B15, Basement Becker-Hansen Bldg|
|May 5, 2020||1 p.m. - 4 p.m.||Sioux Falls||Country Inn & Suites|
Register by sending an email to BHR Training Registration with the course title, date, time, location and employee number.