Hospital Indemnity Plan
This plan provides a benefit for hospitalization and associated treatment. You and/or a covered family member receive a daily benefit of $200 per person for each day of hospitalization because of an illness or injury – up to a total of 180 days beginning with the first day of a hospital stay. There is no lifetime maximum benefit.
There is no coordination with other insurance benefits, so payments are made in addition to any other insurance you may have. There are no waiting periods for coverage. Employees are paid a lump sum benefit to use as they see fit.
FY23 Plan Information
- The Hospital Indemnity Plan (HIP) is provided by MetLife.
- Learn more about the services provided by MetLife to the State of South Dakota.
- FY23 HIP Rates
- Hospital Indemnity Certificate of Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance Claims Process
- Click here to view the Hospital Indemnity Infographic.