Total Compensation is more than just the cash that is deposited in a bank account. All forms of compensation and the dollar value of employer sponsored benefits are considered when examining the state employee compensation package.
Click here to read more.
The State of South Dakota uses multiple pay structures to address occupational and market needs.
FY24 Pay Structures
- General Pay Salary Structure (G)
- Law Enforcement Salary Structure
- Information Technology Pay Structure
- Medical Salary Structure (M)
- CY23 Intern Pay Structure
- CY23 Seasonal Pay Structure
- CY24 Intern Pay Structure
- CY24 Seasonal Pay Structure
FY24 Career Band Pay Structures
- Accounting/Auditor Career Band
- Attorney Career Band
- Engineering Career Band
- Environmental Scientist Career Band
- Nursing Career Band